Carrot Cake with Cream Cheese Frosting
By: Lorenza Ávila
Carrot cake today is probably one of the most beloved desserts in culinary history. We invite you to try this special Kiwilimón recipe for a delicious carrot cake with cream cheese frosting decorated with chopped pecans. A sensational dessert that will make you appear a superb baker to all your guests. You will be surprised how simple it is to prepare, and you can decorate it as you like!
FOR THE CAKE
- 3 cups of flour
- 1 1/2 cups of sugar
- 3 teaspoons of baking soda
- 3 teaspoons of cinnamon
- 1 1/2 teaspoons of Salt
- 2 cups of corn oil
- 6 eggs
- 1 tablespoon of vanilla
- 3 cups of fresh carrots, grated
- 3/4 cup of pecans chopped and roasted in the oven
FOR THE FROSTING
- 1 cup of butter
- 380 grams of cream cheese (about 13.5 oz)
- 3 cups of powder sugar
- 2 milliliters of vanilla
- 2 drops of vegetable food coloring (orange & green)
- 5 pieces of pecans to decorate
- Preheat oven at 350°F
- Grease and flour pans. Sift the flour, sugar, baking soda, cinnamon and salt.
- Add the dry ingredients to the blender, stirring constantly adding the oil until thoroughly incorporated; add the eggs one by one, then add the vanilla. Stir in carrots and beat for 5 more minutes.
- Add the pecans and beat lightly. Divide the mixture and pour into prepared round pans.
- Bake for 1 hour or until a toothpick inserted into the center of the cake comes out clean.
- To make frosting, beat the butter until creamy, add cream cheese with powder sugar and vanilla until mixture is smooth.
- Release the cakes from cake pans, let cool and spread a bit of frosting on one of them and place the other cake on top. Decorate with the rest of the frosting and nuts.
- Tip: You can add a bit of lemon zest to the frosting to give it an acid touch
SEE VIDEO IN LINK BELOW: